10 Digital Marketing Statistics You Need To Know In 2019
Digital marketing is forever changing and revolutionizing the way the industry interacts with consumers. The rapid evolution of digital marketing is more significant than ever. According to a survey by Adobe, 76% of those asked felt “that marketing had changed more in the past 2 years than in the previous 50”.
As time goes on, keeping up with the changes to digital marketing can be challenging. To keep you up to date, Onimod Global is here to provide you with 10 digital marketing statistics covering topics from conversion optimization to mobile marketing to start off 2019.
1. 60% of people have started using voice search within the last year. (Venture Harbour)
Search marketing has experienced some of the largest changes in regards to digital updates and Google algorithm updates. This shows that voice commands on Google, Amazon, and a variety of other sites are only increasing in popularity and a force to be reckoned with when it comes to search queries by consumers.
2. 85% of mobile advertisers think they’re providing a positive experience; only 47% of users agree. (Unlockd)
3. Mobile is predicted to account for 72% of digital ad in 2019. (eMarketer)
If you yet to optimize your site for mobile, now is absolutely the time to do so. While desktop advertising will always be a portion of your marketing budgets, mobile is where it’s at in 2019 and will only continue to increase. By now, it’s time to recognize the impact of smartphones and stop cutting yourself short of potential leads and conversions your business should be experiencing on the mobile platform.
4. Segmented email campaigns have an open rate that is 14.32% higher than non-segmented campaigns. (MailChimp)
It’s fairly common knowledge that segmenting your email campaign lists will increase your click-through rates, however it’s always positive to see this backed up with data. By narrowing your focus and sending messages to targeted groups within your lists, your recipients will find your campaigns more relevant—and relevant campaigns get better results.
5. The average ROI on CRO tools is 223%. (Venture Harbour)
6. 4.8% is the average conversion rate for websites using video, compared to 2.9% for those who don’t. (Adelie Studios)
A high conversion rate is crucial to the success of your business specifically generating leads and sales. You can use conversion rate optimization to persuade your website visitors to complete the desired action whatever that may be. Utilizing sources like Google Analytics and other CRO tools will significantly impact your success in 2019.
7. 72% of marketers worldwide said relevant content creation was the most effective SEO tactic. (Marketing Profs)
8. Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates about 3 times as many leads. (Demand Metric)
Websites that consistently generate new, valuable, up-to-date, and original content should see a steady increase in organic search traffic and improved positioning in search engine results. This is the best way to increase your rankings for any topic or industry and saves a big chunk of your budget. Always make sure your site is rich in both keywords and helpful, useful content to help “sell” your business.
9. Infographics are Liked and Shared on social media 3X more than other any other type of content. (Mass Planner)
Infographics are great for a variety of reasons! They are eye-catching and persuasive, easily understood, and memorable. They are successful because they are informing versus selling. With an infographic, you’re sharing information, building a relationship, and creating a potential customer without being pushy.
10. Social media has become the most popular content marketing tactic reported by 90% of B2C businesses. (Content Marketing Institute)
The key to social media is recognizing which platforms work best for your industry. Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest are clear winners for retail business whereas plumbing would utilize other social platforms. This is the most popular content marketing tactic because it’s the best way to get your brand and business in front of the right audience with minimal costs to your marketing budget.
More From Onimod Global
For more information regarding digital marketing expertise, trends and insights, visit the Onimod Global Website. We provide weekly news updates on the latest in the world of digital marketing. Enjoy!