Google Ad Tips For Beginners
Online advertising is a great way of getting your brand in front of potential customers. But as a small-business owner, it can be tricky knowing where to start.
If you want to engage customers effectively and get them thinking about your brand, then paid campaigns are the perfect solution. According to WordLead, paid campaigns drive 65% of clicks received by Google Ads, so with the right approach, you can accelerate the growth of your business through this most popular of platforms.
If you are new to the world of Google Ads, here are some tips on how you can take advantage of Google Ads and get it working in your favor.
What is Google Ads?
Google Ads is one of the most powerful marketing tools you can use to increase your visibility on the web. It’s a paid online advertising platform that allows you to set up a dynamic mix of online advertisements aimed at specific segments of your target audience.
You can bid for relevant keywords or terms to increase your chances of serving your ads to the right customers at the times when they’re most likely to engage with your brand. You can manage your campaigns and create your ad content from one place while keeping track of your performance through the platform’s in-built analytics tools.
If you’re looking to boost your brand awareness and drive engagement to earn more sales, then Google Ads is right tool for you.
Google Ads Capabilities
Google Ads caters to your business size by having different budgets, advertising goals and target audiences. Here are just some of the many benefits:
- Outreach – Your business can offer valuable solutions when you advertise on Google Ads. It makes it easier for searchers to find you, click on your ads, and have those clicks turn into leads.
- Seamless Interface – Google Ads is perhaps one of the most straightforward and easy tools on the market, which makes it easy for anyone to learn.
- Build Brand Awareness – Google Ads makes you highly visible to consumers.
- Budget Friendly – If you’re looking for an outreach solution and don’t have a big budget, Google Ads makes it easy for you to not spend as much. You have the option to choose how much you want to spend when someone interacts with your ad.
How To Advertise on Google Ads
The first step in beginning your advertising journey with Google Ads is by creating a gmail account and creating a manager account with Google Ads. Once your account is up and running you can begin finding keywords to target. With the platform’s Keyword Planner Tool, you can:
- Gather search volume data on specific keyword and phrases
- Understand how much it will cost per click to bid on specific searches for your Google Ads
- Discover new keywords that could perform better in your ad campaigns
From there, you can start choosing what types of ads you want to run based on your marketing goals. We have put together a list of items that can help guide you through choosing your ads.
- Search: Text ads on search results page
- Video: Video-based ads on YouTube and Google search result pages
- Shopping: Product listings, typically displayed in a carousel format at the top of a Google search results page
- Display: Image-based ads or ad-based content displayed on websites, apps, and platforms across Google’s Display Network
- Discovery: Highly visual ads displayed on user feeds across the Google Display Network
- Local: Google ad content that is served to highly-targeted regional audiences
Strategize and Build Your Ads
One of the best perks of utilizing Google Ads is that you can place your bids automatically or manually. If you have a limited budget, using the manual bidding process will help you place caps on your CPC’s. However, if you’re looking to save time and if you have a flexible budget, you can optimize your ads across multiple campaigns.
When it comes to creating a proper ad, the content must stand out in order to grab your consumers attention. By doing the following, it will allow you to stand out:
- Writing effective headlines
- Using body copy that is conversational and uses your brand voice
- Using high quality visuals such as graphics or video content
Testing and Optimizing Your Ads
Testing is a great way to learn what works and what doesn’t. We all want to be able to optimize our efforts for maximum results, and that means testing the things we do.
A/B testing is one of the most effective ways of finding out which variations of your ads drive the best results. It’s a process where you test two versions of the same ad content, with slightly differing elements (copy, images, design, color schemes, call-to-action buttons). You can then see which elements perform better and optimize your ad accordingly.
Using a Pro
Creating an online marketing campaign requires serious strategy. You want to attract your target customers to grow your business. However, you may not be equipped with the latest information to adequately create a winning campaign.
Google AdWords is a fairly expensive instrument of marketing, as such, the marketers at Onimod Global always want to maximize your returns while minimizing the investments. Since our AdWords agency works across various sectors in similar niches, your investment will be multiplied in the form of sales.
Our industry experience, along with access to historical data help in crafting better campaigns for your business. You also capitalize on the power of hardcore industry research and keywords research. Furthermore, we also guide you with the locations you must target and personalize campaigns based on your location(s).
Go ahead and give yourself a pat on the back, because if you’ve made it this far, you know how to create and run a Google Ad! We hope our guide gives you a head start against the competition.
At Onimod Global, we specialize in all things Google and all our Digital Marketers are Google Ads Certified. As an agency, we are also trusted Google Partners. Being a Google Partner completely revolves around being an expert when it comes to managing Google Pay Per Click Campaigns. Google Partners like Onimod Global also have a direct point of contact that is available to us at any time to help make sure your campaigns that are running are performing. Our contact is available via phone, chat, or email support. This can be a huge time saver. It also helps to get another perspective when building out and optimizing campaigns.
Got questions about Google Ads or want to learn more about us and our Digital Marketing services? Contact us here today.