Small business gang: 2021 is finally coming to an end! Are you ready to take on 2022 and looking to finish the year strong? Whether you’re preparing your website and orders for the last minute holiday rush or prepping for your celebrations, the close of the year is the best time to being your digital marketing strategy for 2022 and looking at business tips for the new year.
That’s why experts at Onimod Global compiled a list of 2022 small business digital marketing trends to consider during your 2022 strategy planning so that you can stay up-to-date on what is the most crucial to keep in mind when we head into next year.
Incorporate live chat into your website
This is no ground breaking trend, however we see it becoming a crucial addition to your website in 2022 especially for small businesses. One area small business has always had the upper hand is extra care and attentiveness to your customers. This is where live chat steps in to attend to customers questions and concerns real time. Email marketing may get lost or left unread, and phone calls may feel like a heavy time consuming burden, but live chat services make it easier for customers to find the solutions they need while feeling like personalized content.
Some major uses and benefits of live chat include:
- Direct messaging – This is an opportunity to really build up your brand’s voice by implementing specific personalized content and messaging points directly into your live chat.
- Instant response – No hold music, and no waiting for a new email—live chat is solely quick answers to a mobile device that answers your customers’ questions in a few minutes.
- Increase sales – A recent survey showed that 77% of online shoppers want to talk to a real person before making a purchase. As a marketer, give your existing customers what they want with a direct line to a sales representative. By meeting the needs of consumers, your live chat service has the potential to offer a serious return on investment.
Build up those Google Business customer reviews
Nothing says “yummy restaurant” like a place that comes up on Google Maps with 1,000 reviews at 4.7 stars. It is safe to assume that almost all consumers you have will look to reviews before interacting with a company, trusting the first-hand experience and unbiased views of previous customers. No matter what your small business sells or provides, you can most definitely benefit from using reviews in your digital marketing materials and prioritizing the positive word-of-mouth recommendations.
How to bring in reviews, you may ask?
- Request reviews – Some customers are happy to share their positive opinions without being prompted, but others might need an extra push and reminder to help you. Create a review prompt to send to customers after their purchases or to have place in a brick and mortar location of your store. Consider developing an open-ended survey for those interested in sharing more details about their experience.
- Use testimonials – With a plethora of customer reviews, pick and choose the best ones to implement in your marketing materials. You can place testimonials front and center on your website, or use them in a variety of social media posts to let the world know what everyone thinks of your business.
- Respond to your reviews – Reviews are a two-way street believe it or not. Customers often pose questions, concerns, or critiques about your business, so don’t let their messages go unattended or unanswered. We recommend to respond to your reviews to show your customers that you take their opinions seriously.
Hear us out.. TikTok as a main social media platform
We hear you, it’s a rather intimidating platform that looks like a lot of intense video editing skills needed and constant content creation. However, this really isn’t the case. An easy-to-use and user friendly platform, we see it as a key social media trend for creative skills and collaboration amongst young audiences. Its fast-paced content consuming nature keeps users engaged for relatively long periods, with users spending an average of 52 minutes per day on the app. While it does take time to create quality and engaging content, it is an excellent way for your small business to gain popularity and recognition. This platform alone helped so many small businesses thrive during the thick of the pandemic, and is only growing in popularity.
In addition to digital marketing trends for small businesses, SEO and other digital marketing tips, we will continue to share case studies and the latest digital marketing news and tips to help you drive your company’s success. Our goal is to ensure we help improve your digital marketing.
At Onimod Global, we have endless experience and expertise when it comes to all things SEO, general social media advertising, and digital marketing. Got questions about how to develop a digital marketing strategy for 2022 or want to learn more about us? Contact us here today.